Tuesday, January 24, 2012

7. The Classic "Hollow" Book


Wouldn't it be great to have one of those hollowed out books so you can store all of your money and jewelry from unsuspecting thieves? lol

I saw this picture on Pinterest:

This one is easier than I thought it would be, yet still tricky. 


First I glued the back cover to the back page with Mod Podge. Then I placed a piece of wax paper between the cover and the first page, and closed the book. Next, I painted the edges of the pages liberally with Mod Podge, so that I could no longer open the book. Once it was dry, I marked a rectangle on the front page and used an exacto knife to begin cutting the pages out.





As you can see from the pictures, it was not easy to keep the edges clean, and I made a HUGE mess.  I really should have used a very sharp craft knife, I think it would have worked a lot better.

Finally, I coated the portion I cut out with Mod Podge, including both the ragged sides, as well as the bottom page. 

But anyway, it still turned out cool!

Now all my stuff is safe, whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment