Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6. Modpodge tinted glass



For a few weeks I have been trying to gather glass bottles, so that I can try this one out!





Here is a link to the original picture that I found on Pinterest:


http://pinterest.com/pin/174373816791856176/




I read the tutorial that this linked to, and... well, let's just say I was too impatient for their method, haha.
Their method included watering down the mod podge, tinting it with gel food coloring, swirling it around the inside of the bottle, then curing it in the oven.


What I did instead was just added the gel food coloring to gloss MP and slapped it on the bottles! Of course, since it was so thick and since I didn't cure it, they turned out with lots of brush lines, but I still really like the look of them. I noticed after a few days that if I picked them up, I would still get food coloring on my fingers, so I covered them with a clear acrylic spray paint, and it solved the problem. Here is my set of bottles:



Not my favorite, but I still like them! Maybe I'll do one where I actually try their method!

No comments:

Post a Comment