Friday, January 27, 2012

9. Scrapbook Paper Flower Art


I love making the art that decorates my house- and I got a set of 7 canvasses for Christmas, so I'm glad I found this project so I could use one of them!

I saw this one on Pinterest this morning, and since I had all of the supplies, I tried it out while the baby was sleeping!


The tutorial for this came from It's Doable:
(here is the pin that helped me discover it! http://pinterest.com/pin/39969515412692307/)



All you need for this one is:
-a canvas
-paint
-sponge brush
-scrapbooking paper
-hot glue gun
-Mod Podge (optional)


First I painted the canvas-- I mixed a light blue and black to get the color I wanted. I needed two coats to get it looking the way I wanted,


Next, I cut out squares on scrapbooking paper and in turn cut out petal shapes from those.


I arranged the petals the way I wanted them, hot glued them down, and then used Matte Mod Podge over top of that to "seal" it.

Give the Mod Podge at least 20 minutes to dry, and then you're good to go!

I probably won't keep it here, but I wanted to put it up so you could see what it looks like on a wall!


2 comments: