Tuesday, February 14, 2012

14. Glitter Keys!



Who doesn't want to glitter-fy their keys?!



I saw this one on Pinterest quite a while back, and decided it would be an easy nap time craft to try.

The original Pinspiration came from here:

However, I have seen this many places around Pinterest.  I have noticed a few different methods, so I decided to try out two of them to see which makes the better glitter key!

Method 1: Nail Polish



I decided to try this one first, because if it worked, then this project would be easy!

This method just involves painting your key with glitter nail polish, so I whipped out the old key from my long-dead Hyundai, and gave it a go!


annnnnnd fail.

Perhaps it was the nail polish I chose, but this just came out looking awful, even with multiple coats. Also, unless I coat this with clear spray paint, it will remain tacky, sticking to everything.


Method 2: Mod Podge and Glitter 


This method turned out fantastic!!
First, I put a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the key, then liberally applied my Martha Stewart glitter, tapping off the extra. I let it dry, then glittered up the other side. 


 Once that side was dry as well, I applied a top coat of Gloss Mod Podge to seal in the glitter. I was too lazy to do one side at a time, so I got creative lol:

Once it was dry, it was great! It seems pretty durable, and the glitter is sealed in, so it doesn't come off at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment